Our aim is to have all IPMEN 2023 delegates arrive in Victoria on Monday, July 17th. For all delegates not already based on Vancouver Island (international delegates and delegates from other Canadian provinces) there will be three ways to achieve this:
- You may be able to fly direct to Victoria International Airport YYJ from some Canadian cities and from places like Seattle and Hawai’i in the USA.
- From Vancouver BC Ferries run from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay. These two terminals are linked to downtown Vancouver and Victoria by the BC Ferries Connector bus.
- From Seattle the Victoria Clipper offers a daily service to Victoria and on Monday 17th it departs Seattle at 8 am.
International delegates find their own way from Victoria International Airport, Swartz Bay ferry terminal or Victoria Clipper ferry terminal to the University of Victoria (UVic). Taxi services are available at these three venues and Uber now operates in Victoria.
Accommodation check-in and conference registration – Venue UVic
3.00 pm to 5.00 pm – Craigdarroch’s Building UVic
Check in at the UVic accommodation does not open until 3.00 pm on Monday 17th. If you arrive early in Victoria (eg. Victoria Clipper arrives at 11 am) you can spend a little time exploring Victoria and have lunch there before heading out to UVic (10 kilometres, 18 minutes by car). Alternatively, you may choose to contact UVic Accommodation Tel 250-721-8657 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an early check-in.
- Check-in for UVic accommodation will be from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm at the Craigdarroch’s Office Building UVic located at 2473 Sinclair Road.
- If you are coming to UVic in a cab or Uber please direct the driver to “Parking Lot 5 UVic”. This is important because the parking lot is not accessible from the Ring Road.
- You can see Parking Lot 5 on the UVic Campus Map. You access Parking Lot 5 by coming straight down McKenzie Ave. towards UVic and go “straight through” the roundabout and continue south towards Cadboro Bay. A good GPS marker for Parking Lot 5 is “2424 Sinclair Rd.” which is across the street from the entrance.
IPMEN 2023 Welcome Event – Venue: Cadboro Bay Park
Date and Time: Monday July 17th
- On foot from UVic: meet at 6 pm outside Craigdarroch’s Office Building UVic located at 2473 Sinclair Road – 1 km 15-minute walk to Cadboro Bay Park.
- By car: meet at Cadboro Bay Park (parking available) at 6.15 pm.